Outdoor Knitwear takes the issue of your privacy very seriously. Our Privacy Statement covers our handling of personally identifiable information that we collect when you are on this website, and when you use our services.
Data we collect
Outdoor Knitwear gathers personal information only when you complete a contact form or place an order on the website. Information we may collect and retain:
- When you register with us, we ask for information such as your name, e-mail address, delivery address, contact details and, if you place an order, your credit card details. All this is necessary for us to recognise you as a registered customer and to fulfil the orders you place with us.
- We keep a record of your purchases with us, to enable us to quickly deal with any problems you may experience with your order.
- We keep a record of any contact forms or e-mail correspondence you send us. This helps us keep track any problems or concerns you've had with our products or services.
How We Use Your Personal Data
All the information we collect via our website or through correspondence with you is used to operate and improve the service we offer you. We are committed to using your personal information only for:
- Dealing with orders and accounts for the supply of our goods and services.
- Providing you with information about the products and services we offer.
- Letting you know about offers from other companies, but only with your permission.
- Assessing your request for delivery of goods and services from us where we may make enquiries about you including searching your records held by organisations like Equifax and credit reference agencies. At all times where we use or disclose your information it will remain secure.
- We will never pass on your email address on to a 3rd party for marketing purposes.
- We never pass on credit card details to anyone.
Data over the Internet
The internet is a global network - therefore there are cases where your data travels internationally, which may include places outside the European Union. We want you to know that if you visit or shop with OutdoorKnitwear.com, you're agreeing and authorising us to process data in this way.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
The cookies used on this website are either to:
- enable you to navigate the website and find the information you are looking for, or
- to shop online easily by remembering your information as you add items to your basket and complete your purchase
- to give us general information about website activity, e.g. how many people visit the website, which pages they look at, what devices they use (PC's mobile phones etc).
The information stored does not include any personal data.
Alternatively, you may wish to visit www.aboutcookies.org which contains comprehensive information on how to do this on a wide variety of browsers. You will also find details on how to delete cookies from your computer as well as more general information about cookies. For information on how to do this on the browser of your mobile phone you will need to refer to your handset manual.
Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc.
Google stores the information collected by the cookie on servers in the United States. Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google's behalf. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google.
How to reject or delete this cookie http://www.google.com/intl/en/privacypolicy.html
We use this information to understand how our website is being used, in general terms, so that we can continue to improve it to meet the needs of our customers.
Controlling your personal information
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission.
We will only send your personally identifiable information to other companies or people if we are responding to court orders, or any legitimate legal request by authorities with which we must comply to, or we discover that your behaviour on our website breaches these instructions.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to the address below.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please contact us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
If you have any queries in respect of this Privacy statement, please contact us by email using the details on our contact page, or write to us at the address below.
Please also see our website terms and conditions
The Data Protection Officer
T W Kempton (Corporate Clothing) Ltd,